HOW DO WE KEEP THE PARTY GOING ONCE THE MUSIC'S STOPPED?
Neighbourhoods NW Policy Forum
Last year the country went crazy for cupcakes, bunting and flags to celebrate the royal wedding.
This year we've got even more reasons to celebrate with the Jubilee and the Olympics. By the time this event takes place I'm sure everyone will have a defined role to organise your street events - some will be picking out quick and easy street food reciepes others are ensuring that the road closure runs smoothly and the risk assessements are in place.
But who is looking to the future?
Join us at this event and together we will explore your stories, experiences and ideas to build upon the community events energy and commitment from the volunteers to create long term, sustaining change for your neighbourhoods.
Alison Cullen is from Warrington Voluntary Action, who have
taken a lead on volunteer management over the past few years with
Cabinet Office funding as well as through the delivery of their
Excellence In Voluteer Management Programme.
During this event together we will:
- Explore the key elements that make sure community events are both community owned and sustainable.
- Identify tools and techniques that effectively engage local people in organising events and encouraging long term volunteering.
- Discover how we can promote a legacy from such high levels of
engagement and participation.
Who should book on?
- Members of Neighbourhoods NW who want to continue to build upon their 'Neighbourhood Working' knowledge and take advantage of their membership benefits.
- Neighbourhood officers and managers who are involved in supporting members of the community deliver services and activities for themselves.
- Councillors who want to build on their work as community leaders and engage more with communities.
- Charities and Voluntary Organisations who wish to explore their
role and added value' to fostering long term community change.
If you'd like to know more or if you're having
difficulties booking on please give us a call on 0161 218
|Duration:||3 1/2 hours|
|Cost:||Free for members: £50 for non members: EARLY BIRD RATE: £25, BOOK BEFORE 30TH MAY|
|Max Number of Attendees:||N/A|
Conference Room 1&2, Fred Perry House, Edward Street, Stockport SK1 3XE.