Sign up now and be alerted when new information including the latest news and events are added to the website.
Signup here to receive updates and e-bulletins keeping you informed about resources, news and whats on.
Login to access a range of benefits that Neighbourhood NW can offer you.
Strategic Partner News
- Mark Prisk urges shoppers: "love your local market"
- Mark Prisk: Government frees councils to tackle homelessness
- Eric Pickles acts to limit Town Hall chief's golden goodbyes
- Changes to the Audit Commission Board
- Baroness Warsi calls on Mosques to encourage hate crime reporting
- Don Foster hails localism progress
- Government plans helping local people get jobs and growth going
Northwich and Rural North Area Partnership Board Launch their Community Engagement Plan and Tookit
Included were voluntary groups and Elected Members as they are an integral part of the APB Membership and have an active role in engagement activity.
The plan maps and promotes engagement activity across all
partners within the area in order to avoid duplication, reducing
the number of meetings, rationalising structures along with
allowing for joint consultation and communication whereby all
- Identified why and what they want to inform, consult and engage
- Identified where and when they want to engage
- Identified how they want to engage which will be a more
flexible approach by using the toolkit
- Shown how engagement activity links to the each organisations
business plan, APB plan and work activity
- Included an assessment of what activity is already taking place
- Included Town and Parish Councils in the engagement activity as
they are already close to the heart of communities
- Created engagement activity to allow balancing between local
priorities and strategic or national statistical priorities.
In developing the Community Engagement Plan toolkit and process,
which highlights dozens of different engagement techniques, it was
designed to be flexible and in such a way that it can be used by
community groups, Parish or Town Councils and service providers
Chris Rowbottom, Director for Weaver Vale Housing Trust and Chair for the Area Partnership Board, "this approach is proving really beneficial in bringing agencies and community together. We have seen improved joint working and attendance to events and activities is increasing"
Follow this link to view the engagement plan;http://www.westcheshiretogether.org.uk/pdf/NRN%20Community%20Engagement%20Plan%20April%202012.pdf
For more information please contact Fiona Dunning; 01606 288842