Sign up now and be alerted when new information including the latest news and events are added to the website.
Signup here to receive updates and e-bulletins keeping you informed about resources, news and whats on.
Login to access a range of benefits that Neighbourhood NW can offer you.
Strategic Partner News
- Mark Prisk urges shoppers: "love your local market"
- Mark Prisk: Government frees councils to tackle homelessness
- Eric Pickles acts to limit Town Hall chief's golden goodbyes
- Changes to the Audit Commission Board
- Baroness Warsi calls on Mosques to encourage hate crime reporting
- Don Foster hails localism progress
- Government plans helping local people get jobs and growth going
What is RSS?
What is RSS?
RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is a simple and effective way to keep updated automatically on your favourite website or websites. The traditional way is to log onto to your favourite site such as neighbourhoods-nw.co.uk and then access the latest news by looking at a variety of pages. But with RSS this is done for you through a single source - an RSS reader.
What is an RSS Reader?
There is a range of different news readers available and new versions are appearing all the time.
Different news readers work on different operating systems, so you will need to choose one that will work with your computer.
- Windows RSS Readers - Newz Crawler & FeedDemon
- Mac OS X - Newsfire & NetNewsWire
- Web - iGoogle, NewsGator, Microsoft Live & My Yahoo!
Some browsers, including Internet Explorer 7, Firefox, Opera and
Safari, automatically check for feeds for you when you visit a
website, and display an icon when they find one. This can make
subscribing to feeds much easier. For more details on these, please
check their websites.
How do I use RSS?
RSS is simple to use and once you have installed the reader to your machine you then just add the different news feeds into your reader. In the case of neighbourhoods-nw.co.uk you need to paste:
(for Neighbourhoods NW News)
into the reader to start receiving the latest news updates.
Using neighbourhoods-nw.co.uk RSS feeds on your site
You may use the neighbourhoods-nw.co.uk RSS feeds as part of a website, subject to our terms and conditions.